If bald spots, thinning hair, or scars are having a negative impact on your self esteem, you're in the right place. At Zang SMP, we transform the appearance of bald spots and thinning hair and boost your self confidence with scalp micropigmentation.
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)—sometimes called a hair tattoo— is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that addresses hair loss, thinning hair, or baldness. Contrast to tattooing, we use a microneedle to apply specialized pigments to the scalp to create the appearance of tiny hair follicles. The result is the appearance of thicker hair, stubble, or a shaved head.
One of the key benefits of SMP is its versatility. Whether you like the look of a closely shaved head, want to make your hair appear thicker, or simply want a more defined, natural looking hairline, SMP can deliver.
Unlike hair transplants or hair restoration, scalp micropigmentation treatment is not invasive and doesn't require any downtime. Aside from topical numbing cream, there is no medication involved. If you've ever gotten a tattoo or permanent makeup, SMP treatment is similar.
How Does Scalp Micropigmentation Work?
Here's what you can expect from your scalp micropigmentation procedure at Zang SMP:
- 1. Free Consultation: You'll start with a free in-person or virtual consultation. We'll discuss your hair, your goals, and how SMP can help you get the look you want.
- 2. Planning: At your first appointment, your practitioner will map your hairline and create a customized plan to suit your natural hair pattern, facial structure, and overall aesthetic goals. This is crucial for achieving a natural and realistic look.
- 3. Pigment Formulation: Your practitioner will mix pigments to match your hair color and skin tone to ensure your SMP treatment looks as natural as possible.
- 4. Pigment Application: With a specialized tattoo machine or microneedle, your practitioner will deposit tiny dots of pigment into the upper layers of the scalp. These dots mimic hair follicles or a closely shaved head.
- 5. Layering and Gradation: Depending on the client, multiple layers of pigments may be applied to create depth and dimension.
- 6. Additional Treatments: Scalp micropigmentation is completed in a minimum of two sessions completed a week apart. Some clients may require a third treatment after 1-3 months to get the results they want.
Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation
If you're experiencing thinning hair or a receding hairline, you have a few options to revitalize your appearance. Here's why we think scalp micropigmentation is the best option.
Versatility in Addressing Hair Loss
Hair loss can affect anyone, impacting self-esteem and confidence. SMP offers a solution for various forms of thinning hair, including male and female pattern hair loss and alopecia. By strategically applying tiny dots of pigment to the scalp, practitioners can make the hair look thicker, boosting your confidence.
Minimal Downtime and Low Maintenance
Unlike invasive surgical procedures like hair transplantation, there's no downtime with SMP. You'll be able to resume your regular activities—including heavy exercise— shortly after your treatment. In addition, it's low maintenance, requiring touchups every 5-8 years.
If you have a scalp scar from surgeries or injuries, SMP can reduce the appearance of the scar. A skilled SMP artist uses pigments to conceal the scars, offering a seamless and natural appearance.
Reducing the Impact of Alopecia Areata
If you deal with hair loss conditions like alopecia areata, SMP can fill in patchy hair loss and provide a consistent appearance.
Who Should Get Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation is ideal for anyone—man or woman—who is experiencing hair loss, thinning hair, or has scars on their scalp. If you have any of the following conditions, you're likely a good candidate for SMP:
- Thin hair or scalp that shows through.
- Male pattern baldness, receding hairline, or baldness at the crown of your head.
- Hereditary hair loss.
- Hormonal conditions that cause hair loss, such as PCOS.
- Scalp scars or birthmarks.
FAQs: What You Should Know About Scalp Micropigmentation
We understand you probably have a lot of questions about scalp micropigmentation. Luckily, we have answers!
What is the Difference Between a Tattoo and Scalp Micropigmentation?
Technically speaking, SMP and tattooing are very similar since they both deposit ink into the skin with a needle. There are some key differences, however. The needle used in SMP is much smaller than those used in traditional tattooing. This allows us to create smaller dots, which lead to the appearance of more natural looking hair follicles. The type of ink used is also different. Where traditional tattoo ink may change color over time, scalp micropigmentation ink is specially formulated to stay the same color and never turn blue or green; it does fade overtime.
Is Scalp Micropigmentation Safe?
Does Scalp Micropigmentation Hurt?
Does Hair Grow After Micropigmentation?
Will I Be Able to Wash My Hair Normally After SMP?
How Long Does Scalp Micropigmentation Last?
How Long Do SMP Treatments Take?
How Much Does Scalp Micropigmentation Cost?
Get on The Path to Confidence With Zang SMP
Scalp micropigmentation can address hair loss put you on the journey toward renewed confidence and self-image. By combining artistic precision with scientific innovation, Zang SMP offers a solution for anyone who wants to address hair loss. Get started by calling us at (310) 425-4975 or by requesting your appointment online.