Scalp micropigmentation is fast becoming the most reliable and convenient solution for hair loss restoral. Other procedures can be expensive, painful, leave scarring, require multiple follow ups and have extensive recovery times.
Scalp micropigmentation, on the other hand, requires 2 or 3 visits for a few hours each time. The process itself is simple, not painful with very little maintenance and recovery time which all comes with amazing results.
This has led to a surge in demand for SMP services and thus a fast growing need for trained scalp micropigmentation practitioners for this very lucrative profession.
Training for Scalp Micropigmentation Practitioner
To become a trained and certified scalp micropigmentation technician, you must first find a highly qualified SMP expert that offers training services. During this training, you will receive an extensive and thorough understanding of hair loss for men and women, all the solutions available and hands on training to apply scalp micropigmentation:
- The assessment of the type and cause of hair loss. Either it is hereditary or some environmental factors are involved in it.
- A complete study of the pigment type. Which to use and where to use because it is a sensitive issue that must match the hair follicles of the client.
- Depth at which the pigment is to be injected. It is commonly done between 0.75mm to a 1.0mm deep inside the scalp.
- Client consultation techniques. It includes the behavior you have to adapt to satisfy the client.
- The basic means to meet the sanitation and hygienic needs of the procedure.
- The methods to enhance the density of the thin hairs.
- The procedures to draw the hairlines and the side profiles of the client.
- The dilution procedure of the pigments. As excessive or concentrated usage of pigments may be harmful.
After training completes, the SMP trainee practitioner is allowed to perform scalp micropigmentation under the close observation of their supervisors for the following:
- The trainee practitioner knows how to set up his tools and kit.
- He must know how to complete the whole procedure until the end.
- He must become an expert in blending the pigment tone into actual hairs.
- She must be able to apply the pigments as promised to the client with complete accuracy and satisfaction.
Duration and Cost of the Training
The duration of this training is generally short. It ranges from a few days to two weeks to four weeks. Training also varies from $2000 to $10,000 depending again on the trainer and their services.