Can SMP Work For Someone With Alopecia?
Alopecia is a condition which causes hair loss and thinning of hair on different areas of body or scalp. It creates coin size bald spots on the scalp. People suffering from this disease are otherwise normal. Scalp Micropigmentation is the best way to hide the spots where there is less or no hair.
People suffering from alopecia often go through hair transplant. But as we all know hair transplant also leaves scars on the scalp. There are two types of hair transplants that give two types of scars on the scalp. Scalp Micropigmentation is a cheaper and a reliable way to hide these scars and is also used to camouflage them. People after hair transplant come for Scalp Micropigmentation to hide the scars.
What Is Scalp Micropigmentation
As Most of you already know, Scalp Micropigmentation is a procedure in which thin needles are used to insert pigments in the scalp to cover the area with little or no hair. This treatment gives a look of a shaved head on a bald head by creating illusions of hair follicles and a defined hairline. It gives density to your hair by creating a look of hair follicles on your scalp which looks natural.
Scalp Micropigmentation can be Done Two Ways
In temporary Scalp Micropigmentation, you can change the hairline if you do not like the look. It gives you an idea of how your hairline will look like after the complete treatment. You can make changes in the hairline according to your preferences.
Permanent Scalp Micropigmentation is a permanent treatment to cover the bald area or the area with thin hair on your scalp. It gives you a defined look of a shaved head for a long time. Although Scalp Micropigmentation is a permanent process, but it can fade away after some time.
Re-Touch After Treatment
People visit us every 6-7 years after Scalp Micropigmentation for touch ups to their pigmentations. Some people need touch ups more frequently. The choice of pigment along with sunlight and immune system plays an important role for how long the pigment will take to fade away. Light pigments fade more easily than the dark ones. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can fade the pigmentation on the scalp faster. Immune system reacts to the foreign substances naturally. It absorbs the pigments inserted during the Scalp Micropigmentation that causes fading.
Things to Avoid After SMP Treatment
There are some basic things to avoid after Scalp Micropigmentation treatment:
- Do not shower or use shampoo in the first 3 days. For the next 3-4 days, you can shower and clean your head with wet towel.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight for a week as you cannot use any cream or lotion unless your scalp is healed. After that you can use sunblock to protect your scalp from sunlight and UV rays.
- Avoid using shaving blade if you have scabs on your scalp.
- Avoid heavy workout or cardio exercises for a month. You can start light workout after a week.
- Avoid swimming, saunas or hot baths for at least a week.
- Try to keep your scalp moisturized with lotions or creams it will prevent it from drying and avoid any products that can dry your scalp.